Example of a research paper using apa style
Jun 16, 2018
This page is brought to you by the OWL at Purdue (https://owl.english.purdue.edu/). When printing this page, you must include the entire legal notice at bottom.
People know about the Klan and the overt racism, but the killing of one's soul little by little, day after day, is a lot worse than someone coming in your house and lynching you. Samuel L. Jackson
Looking for APA Style Essay Guidelines? Follow Our Tips to Make Your Papers 100% Better
There are so many writing styles that students can simply get lost. How should one stay focused on his work when he is required to master writing styles, principles of academic language, and a subject itself?
One should not fear APA paper as far as it’s not even the most complicated format. It was first established by the American Psychological Association. Only this organization can change this format today. Thus, it’s important to visit its official site on a regular basis to avoid any misconceptions.
If you have successfully mastered MLA at the high school, it does not mean you’ll get to the bottom of this style. Mostly, APA is assigned to students of different colleges when they are ready to gain new skills.
In which cases should you apply APA style?
APA writing style is one of those tools that exist to ensure a professional standard of academic integrity. It is the style used by the students of humanitarian specialties. The most commonly met topics are all those relating to the human nature and widespread social problems.
In most cases, all the US students face APA essay format. Students from other parts of the English-speaking world have their own educational standards, including preferred referencing styles, such as Oxford.
If you want to get Ph.D. in the scientific or professional sphere, be patient and try to learn everything about this formatting approach. If not, we recommend you to rely on our high profile writers in preparing a top-notch paper.
Here’s a great APA style paper checklist to follow
A set of rules was developed to claim a single universal format for creating a reference list and inserting in-text citations. So, students should always pay attention to the universal checklist for APA style essay when accomplishing their tasks.
All students understand how critical it’s to avoid plagiarism. Each good essay can include maximum 5% of copied and pasted text composed of citations. They have to be properly referenced in APA style guide to be evaluated fairly. Otherwise, your tutor may give you a bad grade. However, you want the highest grade, don’t you?
To write a proper APA style paper, you have to keep in mind the following things:
- In-text citations should include the surname of the author, and the year of publication. If there’s no author, you should indicate the title and the year. If there’s no date, then we recommend you to use “n.d.” without quotation marks
- If you want to make a reference to the website, it’s sufficient to mention its URL
- Although there is no specific citation format for Facebook and Twitter, you can just use the basic reference format
- It’s better to include a reference list rather than the bibliography
That’s how the printed book citation looks like:
Last, F. M. (Year Published) Book. City, State: Publisher.
James, H. (1937). The ambassadors. New York, NY: Scribner.
Still having troubles with APA paper format? Don’t worry – contact our writing team ASAP to get affordable and 100% confidential help with your assignments!
Have you tried writing your very own research paper or your scientific paper perhaps? While it is obvious as well as it is clear enough that there are tons of writing styles out there that areÂ definitely useful as well as it gives you more convenience and ease on writing, one of the mostly used and currently hold the standard for writing these kinds of papers is the American Psychological Association or APA method.
Perhaps having a look at theseÂ Sample PapersÂ may be useful for you in giving and providing you key information as well as relevant ideologies and such.
Sample APA Research Paperthewritesource.com
Size: 92 KB
APA Formatted Paper Exampledepts.washington.edu
Size: 2 MB
APA Style Paper Formatlib.jjay.cuny.edu
Size: 151 KB
Sample APA Paperwwwcc.ivytech.edu
Size: 147 KB
APA Paper For Students in PDFuv.es
Size: 229 KB
Quick Tips and Guidelines in Using the APA Writing Style
Generally, the APA or the American Psychological Association, as how wikiHow would want to define it as, is one of the most commonly used styles for writing research and scientific papers, usually leaning to the areas of business, mathematics, psychology, sociology, economics, criminal justice as well as nursing. As it may seem intimidating to write in this style of writing, you can find some quick tips as well as some useful guidelines below to help you get started with writing your very own scientific research paper.
You can also check out this pageâ€™sÂ Sample Research PapersÂ as well as theseÂ Sample Notebook Papers,Â which you may also find interesting as well as helpful.
Here are some pointers on how to write utilizing APA style:
- Familiarize yourself with the APAâ€™s publication manual â€“ get yourself a copy of the APAâ€™s publication manual. According to wikiHow, this includes specific and detailed information when writing your very own APA-cited scientific and research paper. Apart from that, getting the APAâ€™s publication manual also includes internet sources, charts and tables, as well as updates on the standard of the APA writing style. And it is always better to keep yourself up to date.
College APA Paper Freewou.edu
Size: 961 KB
Quick Tips and Guidelines on Using the APA Writing Style (continued)
- See to it that the word processing software application that you use has templates or style guides for APA â€“ few examples of those word processing software that has a built-in feature of APA writing style are WordPerfect, EasyOffice, and Microsoft Word.
- Know your manuscriptâ€™s format or, better yet, plan the big picture for your manuscript â€“ This would generally mean paying attention to technical as well as mechanical details, which would include line spacing, typeface, page headers as well as margins.
- Have every detail in the proper order â€“ according to wikiHow, this part would mean that every page should be specifically numbered in order and have it separated from the other sections. Also, before submitting your manuscript, it is recommended to number it consecutively starting with page number one as your title page, followed by page number two as your abstract, and page three as the beginning of your main text. After the main text, the references begin followed by the tables and then the figures after the tables. After all of those would be the appendix in which each would begin on a new page.
Furthermore, you can also check out theseÂ APA Cover Page SamplesÂ that you might also find useful.