Blue gold world water wars essay help
Apr 3, 2018
Text PreviewMore ↓
Fresh Water turtles are small, yet amazing creatures to have and care for in your home. River Cooters, Red Eared Sliders, and Painted turtles are all common pet’s found in America. Though turtles are fun to have around they do require special care just like any other pet would. In most cases they make great pets but
A turtle’s habitat is vital for their health. Depending on the size and type of turtle you need to make
Water turtles like to bask out of the water in the sun or under an Ultraviolet (UV) light, which provides the same effect as the sun would, so for this you need a place they can climb out and bask. This is also so they can rest from swimming in the water.
These basking rocks, or even floating cork for younger turtles, are very important, they have to have a place to bask and get out of the water. Yet if you decide to keep it outside be sure to provide a place to bask, plenty of water, filters, and a covering so other predators can not harm or eat your turtle. Equipment will be different for indoors or outdoors. If you keep your turtle indoors be sure that it can occasionally get fresh air and sun light, but do not keep an aquarium next to a window! Also, make sure your aquarium or pond is clean, this is extremely important to maintain good health for the turtle and provides them with a clean habitat.
Fresh Water TurtlesFresh Water turtles are small, yet amazing creatures to have and care for in your home. River Cooters, Red Eared Sliders, and Painted turtles are all common pet’s found in America. Though turtles are fun to have around they do require special care just like any other pet would. In most cases they make great pets but turtles aren’t the easiest pets to have so depending on your lifestyle you should think about how much time you’re willing to put into a turtle. They are usually cheap to buy yet the equipment for your turtle can get expensive. Along with cost you must find the time to put into this pet. They need nice set ups to live in as well as attention and proper handling.A turtle’s habitat is vital for their health. Depending on the size and type of turtle you need to make sure you have an adequate home for it. If you decide to keep the turtle inside you need a large aquarium , no smaller than 20 gallons and if you have a baby turtle this will allow a little more room for growth so it will last you a bit longer than a smaller aquarium would. Filters are needed for this aquarium so you do not have to clean it out every day. A clean aquarium is very important for the turtle’s health.Water turtles like to bask out of the water in the sun or under an Ultraviolet (UV) light, which provides the same effect as the sun would, so for this you need a place they can climb out and bask. This is also so they can rest from swimming in the water.These basking rocks, or even floating cork for younger turtles, are very important, they have to have a place to bask and get out of the water. Yet if you decide to keep it outside be sure to provide a place to bask, plenty of water, filters, and a covering so other predators can not harm or eat your turtle. Equipment will be different for indoors or outdoors. If you keep your turtle indoors be sure that it can occasionally get fresh air and sun light, but do not keep an aquarium next to a window! Also, make sure your aquarium or pond is clean, this is extremely important to maintain good health for the turtle and provides them with a clean habitat.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
How to Cite this Page
"Fresh Water Turtles." 123HelpMe.com. 26 Mar 2018
- Seffen and Moravichik introduce estuaries by explaining the way the freshwater from rivers flow to the sea and mix with the saltwater. Estuaries are Nature’s water blender because in coastal regions the freshwater from rivers meets the salt water of the ocean and are mixed in several different ways. The diverse mixture of salt water to fresh water creates different habitats with a complex ecosystem. Estuaries are important to the environment as well as the economy. Estuaries have very different temperatures and precipitation averages because of the different regions where they can be found.... [tags: Steffen, Moravichik, Freshwater, Rivers]
:: 6 Works Cited
Better Essays[preview] Essay Water Pollution Kills Sea Life
- ... When the algae continues to grow it blocks the sunlight from reaching the plants and the plants end up dying and sinking to the bottom. While bacteria uses up oxygen making the water uninhabitable for sea life. Trash is also a key factor in water pollution. Every trash can cause damage for example when there is plastic in the ocean or on the sandbank, sea turtles may think its food so they will eat it. Sea turtles are unable to chew plastic so it will clog up their throat and they will not be able to breathe anymore.... [tags: health, environment, ecosystem]
Better Essays[preview] The Shortage of Fresh Clean Water Essay example
- What the Ancient Mariner expressed in frustration when they found themselves becalmed in the middle of ocean, as I understand it, running out of drinking water. But in this poem, what he said almost two centuries ago is certainly has relevance in real life today. The one of the most serious threats to humanity over the coming decades is the shortage of fresh clean water. Nowadays the earth is still rich in seawater, but fresh water is not. The global situation is less than 3% of the world’s water is fresh, the rest of them is seawater and undrinkable.... [tags: sacarcity, poplution, water]
Good Essays[preview] Sudan´s Fresh Water Supply Essay
- 1.0 Introduction Water is one very essential resource for human existence. It accounts for about two thirds of the earth surface with a volume of about 1.4 billion cubic centimeter. About 97 percent of the total earth’s water is salt water from the ocean with only a minute percentage existing as freshwater accessible for direct human consumption. Freshwater is found in lakes, rivers, reservoirs and underground sources some of which are shallow enough to be tapped at an affordable cost. The lack of portable drinking water needs not be overemphasized as more than 1.2 billion people in the world lack access to clean drinking water (UNDP, 2006).... [tags: Middle East, Ground Water]
:: 10 Works Cited
Powerful Essays[preview] An Indigenous Approach to Water Conflicts Essay
- In spite of abundant supply, seventy five percent of our planet's water is contained in the oceans, and less than one percent of the total amount of available water is fit for human use. Furthermore,thirteen rivers and lakes are shared by 96 nation-states, in which the scarcity and uneven distribution of fresh water is one of the most destabilizing causes for conflict. Although there are thousands of treaties in existence, none of them address long lasting and equitable allocation of water resources.... [tags: distribution of fresh water, population]
:: 9 Works Cited
Powerful Essays[preview] Essay about The Vital Need for Fresh Water
- The amount of fresh water on Earth is quickly decreasing. Although water covers about 70 percent of the Earth’s surface, only a very small percentage of that water is considered freshwater. Humans take water for granted. Once it is gone, we will not survive. As humans, we need to find ways to sustain the fresh water remaining on Earth. One of the biggest problems related to our shortage of fresh water is pollution. On top of the fact that we already need and use so much of our fresh water, we are actually wasting it and polluting the water.... [tags: pollution, bottles, sustain]
Strong Essays[preview] Fresh Water Scarcity in China Essay
- Water plays an important role in our lives. All living things need water to live. 70% of the earth’s surface is water. Most of the water is salt water that is less likely to be used in our daily life. Less than 2% of earth’s water is freshwater that can be utilized by humans (Western Upper Peninsula Center for Science, Mathematics and Envorimental Education & Sustainable Futures Institute). Hence, freshwater resources are very limited. Moreover, such water resources are not evenly distributed across the areas.... [tags: use and conservation, improvement]
Term Papers[preview] Blue Gold: World Water Wars Essay
- Blue Gold: World Water Wars In the documentary, Blue Gold: World Water Wars, it follows several people and countries world-wide in their fight for fresh water. The film exposes giant corporations as they bully poorer developing countries to privatize their own supply of fresh water. As a result of the privatization, corporations make a hefty profit while the developing countries remain poor. Blue Gold: World Water Wars also highlights the fact that Wall Street investors are going after the desalination process and mass water export schemes.... [tags: fresh, water, corporations, country, profit]
Better Essays[preview] The Uneven Distribution of Fresh Water Essay
- The Uneven Distribution of Fresh Water Uneven distribution of fresh water causes an Impact on the lives of people; it causes the destruction of nature, and depletion of a valuable resource. There are also political problems connected to the distribution of fresh water Uneven distribution of fresh water directly affects the distribution of the global population. People can live in one of two areas; there is either an abundance of water or not enough. Many problems can arise from overpopulation on large water bodies.... [tags: Papers]
Strong Essays[preview] Essay on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Twelve hundred dollars. The amount of money needed to create the first issue of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; a group of four crime fighting ninjas that take on an interesting body form. This group is interesting in the fact that they are a very successful parody of another super hero from the past. After watching the movie and doing some research on the hero Daredevil, it seems that the storylines are similar and will be explained later. The turtles are also interesting in that they do not have powers just more or less karate skills.... [tags: Ninja Turtles]
Related SearchesFresh Water Turtles Sure Aquarium Filters Predators Pets Equipment Habitat
Try to clean an aquarium once a month but a large filtered pond can go for up to 6 months. If you notice the turtle swimming at the side a lot and constantly acting like it wants out it is probably unhappy with it’s environment and you should check the temperature of the water and make sure their habitat is clean. A clean and large habitat is very important to its health.
Feeding your turtle, just like any other pet, is a daily task. Water turtles are omnivorous; they eat plants and meat. In pet stores they sell pre made turtle food such as Reptomin, and Purina Turtle chow. There are many different brands and types of foods.
The best kind to get are the kind that float, water turtles quickly find this type of food floating at the surface. You can also make mixtures of food yourself. Ground beef and vegetables, lettuce and other leafy greens are good source of vitamins and nutrients that your turtle needs. A long with the food you feed it, additional vitamins should be given which can also be found in pet and specialty stores. You usually feed your turtle twice day and in the water, this is the only way water turtles will eat.
Your turtle’s health is extremely important to watch and take care of. For their skin make, sure they don’t get dehydrated and check them for mites weekly. To do this look for any dead cells in the cracks of their skin and if you see and red pinpoint dots those are mites. Also check for ticks, which are larger, and can be found anywhere on the turtle’s skin. If you notice any deep open wounds and anything very unusual take them to the vet of find an antibiotic that can be painted onto their skin for treatment, if the wounds do not go away with in the prescribed time take them to your vet. The turtle’s shell should be smooth and rounded and hard or firm. If you notice that it is soft in places and have growth on it, there is treatment found in most pet stores and be sure they are getting the proper vitamins. A runny nose or mucus found around the mouth and nose is not normal and your turtle could be sick and needs to see the vet or make sure it’s environment is clean and you are feeding them properly. If they have inflamed eyes and/or funny breathing they probably have a respiratory infection and should be checked out by the vet. You need to collect stool samples about once every 6 months to have examined by the vet if you are worried about infections or diseases. Check ups with the vet and a supply of medicines for the typical problems turtle’s have, such as inflamed eyes, in your home. Taking care of your turtle’s health is vital for them and you also because they can carry contagious diseases.
If you decide to breed your turtle it is one to take careful measures with and can be quite costly. Turtle’s dig their eggs into sand to keep them incubated and don’t play any role in the babies’ lives after they lay their eggs. Be sure you have enough room for the turtle to lay her eggs in soft sand and then when she’s done transport them to a better incubated aquarium in sand. Be sure not to turn or rotate the eggs at all, just lift them and then set them back under the sand. Turning the eggs will cause the embryo to crush the yolk. When the eggs hatch be sure to separate them from their parent’s and raise them in a separate aquarium and then proceed to take care of them just like you would the adults. Just make sure their food is small enough for them to get a hold of and eat. To determine the sex of your turtle you can check their front claws and the males will be extremely long compared to the females and the males tail is also longer than the females. Turtles can live for up to 60 years depending on how well you take care of them, so if you take good care of your turtle it will live for a very long time and could very well out live you.
Turtles are fun and interesting pets as long as you have the time and can afford proper care. Turtles become accustomed to people and are usually very tame. They are curious creatures and very interesting to watch and are actually a good learning experience. I know I certainly have learned a lot from my turtle just through observation. Keeping your turtle healthy and clean can be very rewarding for they are quite active reptiles and make a great pet.
I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.Diane Ackerman