Easy persuasive essay topics for high school students
May 22, 2018
Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It's all about the memories. Buddy Valastro
Some of the all-time popular or timeless speech topics are:
Effects/use of Internet
Freedom of speech and expressing one's thoughts
Delivering a speech is not an easy task. However, one need not get intimidated by it, as with a lot of prep and practice, you can surely succeed. Speech or oratory is an art which can be developed with practice. You just need to know the proper technique and improve your skills with practice.
Persuasive speech is one of the most interesting types of speeches. It differs from an ordinary informative speech as the speaker needs to persuade the audience to have a particular viewpoint. Hence, the speaker himself must have a thorough knowledge of the speech topic of his/her speech in order to convince the audience effectively.
Although it may seem tempting to go for the contemporary issues, it is always better to go for the subject of one's interest for an effective speech. Having some background information about the subject, or talking about something that you genuinely like or believe in, always helps.
Here is our list of persuasive speech ideas for students. You can look for the topic you like, choose a contemporary one, or simply take a cue from the list, modify it and come up with something of your own.
Good Persuasive Speech Topics for High School Students
- Is imprisonment an effective punishment?
- Should body piercing/tattooing be banned?
- Should learning foreign language be made mandatory in schools?
- Are chat rooms safe?
- Is censorship effective/appropriate?
- Teachers should be paid according to performance.
- Press rights/freedom of press should be severed.
- Human cloning is a boon/bane.
- Ban on mobile phones in certain areas.
- Should paparazzi be banned?
- Gender equality is a must in every nation.
- Severe eligibility criteria should be set for diplomats and statesmen.
- Use of arms is essential for personal security in high tension areas.
- Should casinos be banned?
- Computers should be provided for free to students.
- Ban on keeping certain animals as pets.
- Juvenile criminals should be subjected to psychiatrist treatment.
- Proper diet and sleep is very essential.
- Use of fireworks should be banned.
- Juvenile criminals should be sentenced like adult criminals.
- Sex education should be mandatory in schools.
- Vaccinations should be made compulsory.
- Wrestling/boxing should be banned.
- Immigration laws should be severed/relaxed.
- Use of animals for any form of entertainment should be banned.
- Voting should be mandatory.
- Use of solar power should be made mandatory in tropical regions.
- Drinking should not be permitted without a license.
- People should be made aware of pollution and its harmful effects.
- There should be a standardized system of measurement all over the world.
Interesting Persuasive Speech Topics for High School Students
- Which is better: Hamlet or Macbeth?
- Paper is the most useful thing on the Earth.
- Being a single parent can also be fun.
- Life without Internet is impossible.
- Working women face more difficulties than housewives.
- Do ghosts exist?
- Is there life after death?
- Unsolicited phone calls/junk mail be banned.
- Use of artificial sweeteners.
- Do movies actually inspire people?
- Fad diets can be life-threatening.
- Tipping for service should be banned.
- Charity/community service should be made compulsory.
- Is Internet dating harmful?
- Small towns/villages are better than metro cities.
- Finance education should be compulsory in high school.
- Safety measures in college laboratories.
- Beauty pageants set false rules on beauty.
- All citizens in the world should have the right to practice any religion.
- Advancement in technology is a boon/bane for children.
These speech topics can also be used for writing persuasive essays. Here are some
While preparing for a speech or writing an essay, make sure you include evidence, statistics, and recent data to make a good impression. Lastly, remember that a thorough research, deep knowledge, and confidence can help you be a successful speaker.
Delivering a speech is not an easy task. However, one need not get intimidated by it, as with a lot of prep and practice, you can surely succeed. Speech or oratory is an art which can be developed with practice. You just need to know the proper technique and improve your skills with practice.Persuasive speech is one of the most interesting types of speeches. It differs from an ordinary informative speech as the speaker needs to persuade the audience to have a particular viewpoint. Hence, the speaker himself must have a thorough knowledge of the speech topic of his/her speech in order to convince the audience effectively.Although it may seem tempting to go for the contemporary issues, it is always better to go for the subject of one's interest for an effective speech. Having some background information about the subject, or talking about something that you genuinely like or believe in, always helps.Here is our list of persuasive speech ideas for students. You can look for the topic you like, choose a contemporary one, or simply take a cue from the list, modify it and come up with something of your own.These speech topics can also be used for writing persuasive essays. Here are some funny persuasive speech topics that can add some humor and also send out a message.While preparing for a speech or writing an essay, make sure you include evidence, statistics, and recent data to make a good impression. Lastly, remember that a thorough research, deep knowledge, and confidence can help you be a successful speaker.
Top 101 topics below are a great source of inspiration for you own paper. They will give you the ideas you are looking for, alternatively, you can get an essay written for a small fee.
A persuasive essay is a type of writing that attempts to convince the reader or opponent that your argument or claim is correct. The main objective of the persuasive speech is to make the students master the art of persuasion. This type of essay is a common assignment during high-school and early college years, so senior high school students and junior college students should benefit from it most of all. A persuasive essay outline is as follows: an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion.
Find Your Persuasive Essay Ideas
The 101 topics below are a great source of information. They will give you the ideas you are looking for, alternatively, you can also get your paper written for you by paying a small fee. Our service provides top quality essay writing services - because we have the expertise required to come up with top-notch quality writing that will not only meet your needs but will also get the grade you want.
Persuasive essays share a great deal of resemblance with argumentative essays. The major difference is that the argumentative essay should show a discussion as opposed to a single opinion. When working on a persuasive essay topic, one should remember that in order to persuade the reader, good persuasive speech topics imply that your statement or argument is correct. This usually means that such topics should be written down in a form of a sentence as opposed to a question.
Easy Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- In modern classrooms, exams do not match a student's ability.
- Schools should have nothing to do with ads.
- Soda shouldn’t be sold to kids in restaurants.
- French fries shouldn’t be served in public school cafeterias.
- There should be different classes for boys and girls.
- Breastfeeding should be allowed in public places.
- Parents should go to jail if their kids do something illegal.
- People under 21 should be allowed to drink alcohol with parental consent.
- Parents must be responsible for providing a healthy diet.
- Parents should regularly check children's belongings for drugs.
- The Internet was invented to change our lives.
Mid-Difficulty Persuasive Topics for a Speech or an Essay
- Is the ACLU a scam that is no good for America?
- Commercial testing on animals should be banned.
- Alternative energy is cheap enough to replace the fossil fuels.
- Churches should pay taxes.
- The United States should maintain the Cuba embargo.
- College football should replace the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) with a playoff system.
- Decrease of the federal corporate income tax rate creates jobs
- The age for drinking should be older than 21.
- The felons who have completed their sentence should be allowed to vote.
Difficult Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Sex orientation is determined in childhood.
- The capital punishment is a crime.
- The humans are the main causes of a climate change.
- Euthanasia should be allowed.
- Adults must be allowed to carry electroshock weapon.
- The U.S. Supreme Court should ban the same-sex marriages.
- The ways to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict exist.
- Defending yourself should be a constitutional right under the Second Amendment.
- Illegal immigrants shouldn’t be put in prison and forced to work to pay for their upkeep.
College Level Topics for Persuasive Essays and Speeches
- Is there an equal representation of genders in politics.
- Cell phone use and texting make it difficult to concentrate.
- Textbooks are obsolete and should be replaced by iPads.
- Students should be careful about posting on social media.
- A border fence will solve the dilemma of immigration.
- Cyber-attacks are a vital intelligence tool for all countries.
- Recycling more needs to be required by law.
- College network use filters to block inappropriate materials.
- The social network should be prohibited while on school property.
- Should girls have equal representation on co-ed wrestling and football teams?
- Domestic terrorism is not really an overwhelming issue in America.
- Identity theft is a huge problem for elderly people.
Bachelor's Level Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Fast food restaurants should prominently display calories.
- The current tax system overburdens the middle-class.
- Chronic mental patients live in "halfway houses" in the community
- Billboards should be prohibited on highways.
- Psychiatrists should testify in court when a defendant enters a non-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity plea.
- A National Health Insurance Program should be required by the U.S. constitution.
- Child molesters should be put to death.
- Prospective parents should be required to take parenting classes.
- Getting married in high school should be encouraged for teen moms.
- The United Nations should be disbanded?
- Prisons should use music and art to calm prisoners.
- Educated people should be required to volunteer as literacy tutors.
- Constructing Olympic venues near UNESCO protected sites is deplorable.
Master's Level Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Society should shun prescribed codes of ethics.
- There is no such thing as good and evil.
- Sexual desire defines human behavior?
- Selfishness is an innate human behavior and should be encouraged.
- Intelligence should be genetically engineered.
- Genetics determines human behavior.
- Happiness comes from helping others and selfish people are always unhappy.
- God is not dead.
- There is much evil in the world, we should turn to God.
- Ethics are the unselfish means humans derive from their parenting instincts.
- The truth is universal.
- Creation of wealth comes from taking advantage of other people's hard work.
Funny Topics for Persuasive Essays
- What would happen if donkeys took over the world?
- Where do all the mismatched run away to?
- Why I hate country music (an exclusive tell-all biography).
- The worst song in the world.
- People love to watch shark attack shows and they are cheering for the shark.
- Why do they have tanning booths at the beach?
- Your video game skills can get you a good job.
- Why you love email spam more than real email.
- Why wearing braces makes it easier to scare strangers.
- Playing with Barbie will change your life.
- Why Mickey Mouse frightens.
- How to fake it as a non-sporty girlfriend.
- How to look busy at work without doing any actual work.
- Being a living Barbie doll has destroyed my life.
Controversial Topics for a Persuasive Essay
- Bailing out financial institutions should not be an allowed use of federal tax money.
- Surveillance makes the U.S. society.
- Polygamy should be banned.
- Lesbian mothers create deviant daughters.
- No warrant should be needed for search and seizures.
- We should abolish the jury system and give sole power to judges.
- Biological weapons should not be allowed.
- Torture should be illegal.
- Contraception should be banned for children.
- In order to have children, both parents should be certified.
- Genetically modified organisms have benefits.
- The world would be better off without educated women.
- Harvesting sperm from dead male relatives should be considered incestuous and illegal.
- Children should be paid by parents for home chores.
- The USA should populate the moon and establish a military outpost there.
- Grades should be outlawed as counterproductive and degrading.
- A survival plan should become a must-have for every family in case of natural disasters.
- Parents should talk to their children about drugs at a young age.
- Cats make better pets than turtles.
- Religion freedom doesn't really exist for most people all over the world.
- There must be an implant contraception for men too.
If you are looking for persuasive essay examples here is a great one below
What Is the Use of Writing Persuasive Essays?
Persuasive writing allows us to look critically at ideas and topics that we might not pay enough attention to outside the classroom. The debate has always been a catalyst for change, for improvement and growth at both the societal and personal level. Writing persuasive essays and speeches stretches your imagination and, sometimes, it can provide life-defining introspection.
We would encourage all our visitors to use these essay topics as basic ideas to develop your own topics. Don't forget your referencing - use our APA referencing tool or hire us to help you with your essay. Just place an order and get your professionally written paper on time.