Format of speech writing in english cbse
Apr 16, 2018
CBSE Assignment for Class 12 English -Articles and Speech . Based on CBSE and CCE guidelines. The students should read these basic concepts to gain perfection which will help him to get more marks in CBSE examination.
ARTICLES / SPEECH
Content (Value points related to the topic) 3-4 Paragraph
Para 1 : Brief Introduction of the status of the issue
Para 2 : Analysis of the topic in terms of
Implications – social / environmental/Psychological/health related.
Concluding Para-Suggestions / reminders.
Grammatical accuracy, spellings, coherence, relevance of ideas and
Steps taken to write an article/speech
Thinking about the topic and ideas associated with it
Collecting ideas involved through brain storming / discussion / sources
Organising : the ideas in logical order.
Points to remember
1. Begin with – “Honourable Judges and my dear friends, I stand before you to express my views for/against the motion “Topic”.
2. Total agreement or disagreement with the lopic should be expressed forecefully and clearly.
3. Use argumentative style and logical reasoning.
4. Bank up arguments with relevant information.
5. At the end write ‘Thank you’ at extreme end on the left.
6. Always make a rough draft, edit and time yourself (20 minutes)
Use powerful expressions like :
– I’d like to argue
– In my opinion
– May I ask? etc. etc.
– Refer to your opponent’s view/views
7. Stick to your view point either in favour or against
1. Give the title at the top
2. Begin with “Good morning to all of you, today I am here to express my views on the topic_______________”
3. Define the topic; give its causes, effects, the present state and remedial measures
4. Should be coherent piece clearly stating a particular point of view. Divide the speech into 3 to 4 paragraphs.
5. Conclude by giving suggestion for improvement
6. Always make a rough draft first
7. Time yourself (20 minutes)
1. You are Satish/Shweta. Working in an NGO which is working for the uplift of socio-economic conditions of child labourers by counselling their parents and helping children to go to school. You find it appalling that many people in educated society want the practice of child labour to continue. Write an article on the “Role of Educated Society in Curbing Child Labour”. (150– 200 words.)
2. You are Mamta/Mohan. You find corruption as the biggest impediment in the development of a nation. You strongly believe that youth can play a very important role in fighting the menace of corruption. Write an article on the “Role of Youth in Fighting Corruption”. (150–200 words).
3. You are Jeetender/Jeetu. You have been working on a project related to effect of modern life on youth. You interviewed school and college students for the project. Write an article on the subject in about 150–200 words.
4. Write an article in 150 to 200 words on vocational training – as part of the school curriculum’ expressing your views on its need in the present scenario and suggesting steps to make it successful.
5. You are Vidya/Vijay, a student of Class XII of Sarvodaya School Dilshad Colony. You feel disturbed to read news about increasing cases of “honour killing” in northern India. You feel that such attitude of some elders in the society deprives children of their free will and pose hindrance in choosing life partner and career of their choice. Write an article in about 150–200 words on the topic, “Honour Killing a Stigma on Modern Society.”
Please refer to attached file for CBSE Class 12 English Articles and Speech
You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something -- your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. Steve Jobs
What is debate?
A debate is a formal discussion, or an argument on a subject on which people have different opinion.
To show skills and ability of presenting an argument.
- Salutation-‘Respected chairperson, honorable judges and all present…’.
- Introduction- views for/against-topic.
- Body- views, facts, Contradiction of opponent’s argument, rebutting the statement, questions etc.
- Conclusion- clarification of stand made.
I’d like to raise/the question/argue…..
In my opinion………..
Nothing could be more illogical than
I feel very strongly that…….
I would like to draw attention to…..
I fail to understand…….
I submit that…….
May I ask all present…….
I strongly oppose……..
On the contrary…….
1- The motion of the debate is ‘Computers and Children: A boon or a Bane’. Write the debate speech for or against the motion in 150-180 words.
2- The motion of the debate is ‘Grading is better than marking of examination performance’. Write the debate speech in for or against the motion in 150-180 words.
3- The motion of the debate is ‘Home work should be abolished’. Write the debate speech for or against the motion in 150-180 words.
Click Here for Complete English Study Material Click Here for All Subjects Study Material
What Is E-mail?
E-mail means Electronic Mail. Now a days we can send emails through internet and after creating email account on website . e-mails can be send speedily.
In CBSE BOARD E-mail writing is in writing section of question paper. Below is the format of E-mail writing.
Office emails serve as important official records and should be prepared in the proper format.
Thus, the following points should be kept in mind while preparing office emails:
- The emails must be addressed to the proper person, department, or company.
- The exact date should be mentioned in office emails.
- Office emails should contain a subject part that will give a correct hint of the actual matter contained in the body of the email.
- The key rule for preparing office emails is to keep it short and simple, without skipping any of the important details.
- Office emails should take special notice to avoid any spelling, grammatical or other technical errors.
______[BODY/CONTENT ] not more than 120 words
[designation and company name , if formal e-mail.]
Please like and share it ,if it helps you. so it can be helpful to others also…