High school admission sample essays
May 8, 2018
College Admission Essay Sample and Graduate Personal Statement Editing
The essays below showcase the benefits of an EssayEdge edit. The revisions are vastly improved in terms of grammar and technical writing issues, while the constructive critiques provide customers with valuable suggestions for further improvements. By reviewing these samples, you will come to understand what EssayEdge can do to help you enhance your application essay or personal statement.
College | Graduate | MBA | Law | Medical
Please Note: Our customers' names will never be shared with anyone.Subject Matter: Overcoming a Setback
Overcoming a Setback
The client whose before and after essays are shown (to the right) rated our service an A+ and feels that it vastly improved his chances of admission.
Get your college application essay edited by a professional editor today! Learn MoreSubject Matter: Career Aspirations
The client whose before and after essays are shown (to the right) had an interesting life story made compelling and memorable.
Get your graduate school application essay edited by a professional editor today! Learn MoreSubject Matter: Career Decisions & Significant Events
Career Decisions & Significant Events
The client whose before and after essays are shown (to the right) had strong ideas, but his writing style was wordy, and full of grammar errors. EssayEdge transformed this essay into a winner.
Get your MBA program application essay edited by a professional editor today! Learn MoreSubject Matter: Why Law?
The client whose before and after essays are shown (to the right) lacked the personal touch. EssayEdge helped him get personal anecdotes into the essay, which helped get the author into his choice of law school.
Get your law school application essay edited by a professional editor today! Learn MoreSubject Matter: Residency Experience
The client whose before and after essays are shown (to the right) had a compelling story, but technical problems got in the way. EssayEdge helped her organize and clarify her writing, and she got into the medical school of her choice.
Get your medical school or residency application essay edited by a professional editor today! Learn More
Use an Admission Essay Sample to Learn About Application Essays
When prospective students begin preparing their applications, one of the most daunting tasks they face is writing a great essay or statement of purpose. Because that task is intimidating, itâ€™s often difficult to decide where to start. Thatâ€™s why so many applicants seek out essay and statement of purpose samples to guide their own writing. This can be a great tactic, but you must make sure to use essay samples the correct way. If you donâ€™t, you can actually hurt your chance of admission.
Hereâ€™s a list of things you should do when looking at an admission essay sample:
- Take a look at the prompt or question. An essay wonâ€™t teach you much unless you know what the application asked the writer for. Try to figure out why the author decided to write what he or she did based on the prompt provided.
- Ask yourself what you learned about the applicant from the essay. After finishing a great admissions essay, you should feel like you have gotten to know the author on a fairly intimate level. Analyze what about the essay was effective at helping you learn about its writer.
- Look for things that could be improved. Are there typos or other writing mistakes? Does the essay have a clear structure and provide details? Never assume a sample you find online is one of a perfect essay.
Donâ€™t Ever Plagiarize Essay or Statement of Purpose Samples
Unfortunately, some applicants seek out sample admission essays simply so they can build their own essays in the exact same way, or worse, to outright copy them. This is a terrible thing to do and will probably ruin your chance of admission. Admissions committees have gotten very good at catching plagiarism in application essays and personal statements, and if they find it in yours, theyâ€™ll probably just throw your entire application out.
Even if you donâ€™t plagiarize, if you try to write your essay just like one that supposedly earned its author admission to a school, youâ€™ll likely end up with a bad piece of writing. Thatâ€™s because what works for one person in writing an admissions essay rarely works for another. You need to take your own path in writing a great essay or statement. The expert editors at EssayEdge understand this and will provide one-on-one guidance so that your work is as strong as it can possibly be.
Remember, an admission essay sample can be a great way to learn more about the writing process and understand the task better. However, misusing statement of purpose samples will ultimately hurt your quest for admission.
What are the Requirements for a High School Essay?
High school students are required to write essays on a variety of topics which at first may seem to have nothing in common. In actuality although the topics may differ, most high school essays have the same criteria. All essays will have a specific topic that is either one you choose or one that is provided for you. It is crucial for every essay that you follow the instructions given which include sticking to a word limit if given, answering the essay question, and completing the essay by the deadline. In addition a high school essay requires that you follow the appropriate essay structure and learn to properly reference your sources.
How can we help
High School Essay Writing Help Page Navigation
Download Free High School Essay Sample
High School Essay Topics
It is crucial that you identify the type of essay required to help you properly select and further define your topic. Look for clues in the essay question to determine if the essay approach should compare and contrast different concepts, or be persuasive, argumentative, or narrative in nature.
If you are given a choice of topics, brainstorm ideas and then choose a topic that you are interested in or have knowledge about so that your enthusiasm and knowledge of the subject matter shines through in your essay.
It’s a common mistake with high school students, that they pick up very broad topics. Thus, their essays lack clear central idea, and the connection between body paragraphs is very weak. To avoid this, try to narrow your essay topic to some particular point. Write on something like “Irish political structure” instead of the broader topic of “Irish politics” so that you can focus and write in more depth on one area.
How can we help
High School Essay Structure
Essay Structure (click to enlarge)
High school essays are structured very similarly regardless of the topic and good essay structure will help you to write a clear essay that flows from one paragraph to the next.
– All essays should begin with an introduction that grabs the reader and entices them to read further. An introduction should end with thesis statement – a sentence that will reveal your main point.
– The body of your essay should consist of several paragraphs each of which addresses a separate point supported by anecdotes, specific examples, quotations or other evidence. Limit each paragraph to one main idea.
– Each paragraph should have transition into the next one, so that reader can follow your line argument.
– The conclusion of the essay consists of a paragraph that restates your thesis, summarizes your stand on the issue and leaves the reader with a memorable impression. Don’t quote your sources or add new points while writing a conclusion!
How can we help
How Can We Help
We are a quality writing service company with a staff of Master’s and PhD level writers. Our goal is to provide you with a professionally written essay on the topic you require. We understand the difficulties involved in balancing competing academic priorities and our writers are ready to help because they love writing.
Partnering with us will bring you one step closer to meeting your academic goals. Our custom writing service is completely confidential and all essays are original work completed specifically to your needs and demands. Place an order for your high school essay with ProfEssays.com now and rest assured that your completed essay will be ready and waiting by your deadline.
High School Essay Format
The Chicago and MLA styles are most commonly used for high school essays and there are style guides that provide specific guidelines for how to reference your sources both within your essay and for the works cited page.
The following formatting tips also apply:
- Use a 12 point font size
- Double space the entire document.
- For both of the styles the title page is not required. All you need to do is type your name, the instructor’s name, course number and date in the top left corner of the first page.
- Center the title of the research paper in quotation marks or all capital letters.
- All pages should be numbered consecutively in the upper right hand corner
- If an essay is several pages long, it’s also advisable to include your last name next to the page number in the header (i.e. Last Name 1)
- Each style has its requirements as to the format of references. Chicago style requires the use of footnotes, that’s why you can do without reference list. The MLA style allows both the use of footnotes and in-text references. Remember, that if you prefer to have in-text references, a “Works cited” page is a must. Read more to find detailed guidelines for the use of Chicago and MLA styles.
How can we help
What Can Influence your High School Essay Grade?
The things that influence your high school essay grade in addition to the quality of your writing have a great deal to do with following instructions provided by your professor:
– First and foremost it’s crucial to make sure that you understand the essay question fully and that your essay answers each portion of the question adequately.
– It’s important to meet any due dates that are imposed and to adhere to any word count limits given.
– Using reliable sources for research is crucial. Meeting all formatting guidelines can boost your grade so provide an outline, title page, and separate bibliography page if required.
How can we help
Looking for an exceptional company to do some custom writing for you? Look no further than ProfEssays.com! You simply place an order with the writing instructions you have been given, and before you know it, your essay or term paper, completely finished and unique, will be completed and sent back to you. At ProfEssays.com, we have over 500 highly educated, professional writers standing by waiting to help you with any writing needs you may have! We understand students have plenty on their plates, which is why we love to help them out. Let us do the work for you, so you have time to do what you want to do!
Fashion is about dreaming and making other people dream. Donatella Versace Social media is reducing social barriers. It connects people on the strength of human values, not identities. Narendra Modi We live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups. I ask, in my writing, 'What is real?' Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. Philip K. Dick