Term paper topics for us history
Jun 17, 2018
If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased. Katharine Hepburn
Term Paper on US History
Even though it might not have one of the oldest histories in the world, the US has a rich history on the map of the modern world. That is why writing about modern history is incomplete and insipid without American history. But how can you draft a successful term paper on American history given its lengthy and extensive nature? Well, being long and comprehensive is not equal to being impossible if you know how to go about it.
To succeed in your work, you will have to have extensive knowledge of the topic you have chosen to write about. Also, it is needful to conduct extensive research to excel in such a task because everything you write will need to be backed and validated by facts. Additionally, you will need to know how best to draft your titles to capture your reader’s interest and curiosity. For instance, it is more captivating to write a title in a question form than it is in a statement form. Drafting your paper’s titles using questions provokes your audience to want to read on and get the answer to those questions.
The Best Sample Topics on US History
To give you a jump start in your future assignments, we have assembled a list of some of the most fascinating and informative topics on US history.
- Discuss ways in which the participation of the US in the World War II affected women at how
- How did the participation of the US in the WWII affect its ethnic minority groups?
- Discuss the origin of and the secret intrigues behind the cold war
- How has the development of communism in China and Russia helped to shape and change America’s foreign policy?
- Discuss the initial observations Christopher Columbus made when he discovered the USA
- Explore why USA’s historic art is one of the most diverse in the world
- Discuss how America’s film industry has evolved throughout history
- What are the major challenges the American film industry has gone through to get to where it is?
- Discuss how the US society has evolved from the original Red Indians majority to its current White-dominated ethnic setting
- Explore some of the main challenges that the African community has faced in the US
- Discuss the challenges that the Black community in the US faced as it struggled to get equal rights
- Discuss the role the US played in the second World War and if it was really necessary to participate in it in the first place
- What led to the Great Depression in the late 1920s?
- How did the First World War shape and influence America’s political future and landscape?
Writing a term paper on US history is fascinating and possible if you know what to do. To help you do this, our post has discussed some of the key things you should do when writing this type of paper. We believe the ball is in your court to take them and make the most of your future assignments.
A List Of Brilliant Research Paper Topics On 20th Century US History
20th century US history has had a great deal to do with shaping the entire world’s fortunes. In everything from technology to politics, US influence has been profound the world over. Here, we list some of the most brilliant research paper topics on 20th Century US history.
- The role of the United States in the First World War. Was being involved inevitable?
- The role of the United States in the Second World War. Was being involved inevitable?
- How did the First World War shape politics in the United States?
- The Galveston Hurricane of 1900 and its effect on how the US later viewed natural disasters.
- What effect did the assassination of President William McKinley have on the politics of the early 20th Century?
- The presence of the Roosevelts in the White House, how could it have gone differently?
- The reasons and causes for the start of prohibition and its effects on subsequent US history.
- The impact of Babe Ruth on how sport became a part of national consciousness.
- Anarchy on Wall Street: an exposition of the causes and effects of the 1929 Wall Street Crash.
- The advent of air conditioning, how 1925 changed the course of history.
- How the Wright Brothers invented a machine that would be one of the fundamental reasons for US dominance of worldwide geopolitics.
- How did the death of America’s war president, Theodore Roosevelt, affect American politics?
- The role of Jackie Robinson in breaking the color barrier in baseball.
- The story of President Nixon, the only president to be impeached.
- The Watergate Scandal and the role of the media in the propagation of the myth.
- Apollo 8 and the story of the first ever voyage to the moon.
- Man lands on moon, a giant step for humanity. What effect did the moon landing have on technological advancement the world over?
- The role of America in the Cold War.
- The domestic effects of the US participation in the Cold War.
- 20th Century interventionist US foreign policy. Present an analysis of alternate foreign policy philosophies and how they could have shaped history.
- The end of the Cold War and America’s status as the dominant superpower. What role did this status have to play in US involvement in foreign wars?
What you get
- 100% authentic and original papers.
- Quality assurance
- Discounts available
- 100% on-time delivery
- Professional academic writers only
- Free two-week revision
- 24/7 customer support
- 100% confidentiality
- NO hidden charges
- Profitable Loyalty Program
This dissertation was my headache before the holidays. However your fantastic writer 329 completed my paper right before the deadline and followed all the instructions I'd given. I have got A+++ for my dissertation and now understand what professional and cooperative people are working in your company. Thanks for my excellent mark!
Larry D., USA
History Research Paper Topics
Guidelines for Answering History Research Paper Topics
History research paper topics are all about finding answers to questions such as why and what the consequences are. In most of such types of research and writing exercise, your main objective will go beyond the listing of causes and effects, to determining whether or not a cause and effect relationship actually exists. If this relationship is not present, then the causes or effects which you enlist in your paper may not be the most suitable ones for answering history research paper topics. When you seek to provide answers to such topics, you should know that you have an added duty to reflect on an experience or event and to use the past to bring out something educative to your readers.
Begin by listing causes as well effects. However, causes should be listed ahead of effects because so many effects may stem from causes. To be able to dig out every cause and effect, you will have to probe directly to the crux of the research topic. This is where you will have to work with the use of a research paper outline. Remember that to begin and conclude a research paper that will dwell on causes and effects, you will be required to explore all the conditions that might have caused the situation. In most cases, the effects will become evident from simple observation; and when effects become multiple, you will be required to take note only of these effects that are of particular significance. These are effects which must have a direct relationship with the causes. www.ValWriting.net offers more guidelines for starting and completing this part of the research paper writing process.
Another good way to answer history research paper topics is to present your ideas in an orderly and chronological manner. Each time you are required to state why something happened and what the consequences are, you will also be required to state them in their order of occurrence. Keep in mind that this is the most effective way of allowing your research paper becomes a history paper. An added advantage of writing in a chronological order is to let the causes or effects fall into their appropriate places. And of course, writing in a chronological manner will mean causes will be followed by effects.
History research paper topics should have focus and these focuses should be narrowed to meet the needs of your readers. What you should know is that your audience will influence the manner in which you are going to answer your research question. For example, you may be required to put up a narration, to compare and contrast or to carry out an analysis. Knowing your audience and what they know about your topic will give you an appropriate tone for your writing. A good history research paper or term paper topic should therefore not be broad and should be limited in scope in order for you to bring out one central theme from the topic. More guidelines for revising and editing your history research paper can be found at www.ValWriting.net essay writing service.
Do not miss other services on our website, such as custom essay writing.
Research Paper Topic
Live Chat OnlineTweet