Write contents page dissertation proposal
Mar 28, 2018
A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water. Carl Reiner
It’s My Life
My name is Ann Smith. I am a senior in high school. Everyone can agree that I am a good student and that I like to study. My favorite subjects are chemistry and biology. I am going to enter the university because my goal is to study these subjects in future and to become a respected professional in one of the fields.
I can say that I am a responsible and a hard-working student. Moreover, being a sociable person, I have many friends since I like to communicate with people and get to know new interesting individuals. I enjoy my time at school: it is really nice to study and the students are very friendly and ready to help. The atmosphere cannot but make me want to go there every time. I like to receive and deal with challenging tasks. I am a very enthusiastic student and I think this is a strong point of mine.
My friends say that I am a very funny and an interesting girl with a good sense of humor. As soon as I meet new people who are happy to meet me, I feel extremely comfortable with them. I believe that friendship is one of the most important values in human life. We exchange new ideas, find many interesting things about each other and experience new things. I appreciate friendship and people who surround me.
Every time I do my best to be a…
Some Essential Tips On How To Write An Essay About Yourself
No matter what’s the purpose of your essay, there is a preset number of points that you will be expected to address.
The main line should be that you are not a robot, and that it is your feelings and emotions that define you as a personality. Do not get stuck with material possessions and what you have achieved in life. That has to do only with a small portion of who you are.
- Avoid overly simplified ideas. You are a human being after all, and your life is not as simple as it may seem after years of school. You wouldn’t want to seem or sound too simple. The more substance you create out of your daily activities, the better. Longer sentences will be good.
- Include a few dream-like paragraphs to stress the point that you are not a robot. Sometimes it can get hard explaining your feelings and emotions, you may say.
- The best way to get to know people is to see how they react to stimuli. Use your essay to pick a few incidents or just more or less regular events to attempt and define what your character is at its core.
- Find amusing in ordinary and showcase that. Your job is to present the ordinary stuff that happens to you in a way that will make the reader want to know you better. It’s all a matter of the right perspective. You have to take multiple stands on what you are as a person, and include that all in an ordered form.
- How do you fit with your friends, family and just immediate surrounding? Where is your place in the world?
- What the purpose of your life? If a question like that is too global for your work, you can just include the things that you enjoy. Don’t forget to say why or explain any symbolism connected with the things you love.
Avoid Unclear Definitions
It is really easy to get lost when you are writing something as vague and as perspective-oriented as an essay about yourself. People tend to choose a number of themes of who they are and try to describe them all.
That would be very confusing for the reader. Not to mention that it would be hard to write and navigate in between those themes. After all, very few people know you well enough, and it is almost certain that your essay is going to be read mostly by strangers or just people who know you marginally.
What you do instead is pick one theme: which light do you want to be seen in? Once you have answered that question, you are ready to go. Stay true to the theme, and you will get a coherent piece that will get you a good grade.
If you are going to write your own essay from the scratch, our manual on «How to write an essay» will be useful for you.
Those of you who have are gearing up for a PhD career must have heard some horror stories from your seniors. While some of these are pure academic myths, others are somewhat true. But how does one get the right information on writing dissertation proposals? How to produce the perfectly written proposal that will impress your graduate committee and earn you that much coveted graduate scholarship that your arch rival is also vying for? With a friend like MyAssignmenthelp.com you can now bid adieu to all your worries. MyAssignmenthelp.com is the favorite online assignment provider across Australia, UK and USA that also provides excellent online dissertation sample help. Here is everything you wanted to know about writing a dissertation proposal for your university.
What is a dissertation proposal?
The term dissertation refers to a lengthy and formally written document presented to a graduate committee of a university in order to support the candidature for an academic degree or professional qualification. A dissertation proposal is a short and formally written summary of a dissertation which is submitted to the graduate committee before the actual dissertation is written. The term thesis is used synonymously with dissertation. In some countries, Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree require the submission of a thesis while PhD degree entails the submission of a dissertation called doctoral dissertation. In some other countries, the reverse is true. Professional degrees like law, medicine and management also require the submission of a thesis or a dissertation.
Dissertation Rules in Australia, UK and USA
Each country has its own rule regarding dissertation and dissertation samples. Here are the rules in three major countries of the world.
1. In Australia, a dissertation proposal is usually examined by three examiners. Only universities like Australian Catholic University and University of New South Whales allow two examiners.
2. Once approved, research is carried out on the chosen topic.
3. The dissertation has to be approved by the research candidate’s supervisor before submitting it to the examiners once again.
4. Of all the examiners, one would be from the student’s own department and the remaining would be external.
1. In United Kingdom, the words thesis and dissertations are used interchangeably. PhD or Engineering degrees require submission of a thesis while Masters or Undergraduate programs ask for dissertations.
2. Proposals have to be approved by the supervisory team.
3. The team can either be made of a single supervisor or a range of internal and external supervisors.
United States of America
1. In United States, dissertations and theses are compulsory for undergraduate course as well as graduate courses.
2. Dissertations can take a long time to complete. As such proposals have to be passed quite early on in the careers of graduate students.
3. A dissertation or a thesis proposal is judged as to whether or not it makes an original contribution to scholarship.
Parts of dissertation proposal
A dissertation proposal has the following parts which must be included in all types of dissertations, be it engineering, law or management.
1. Personal and Professional details:
Every proposal should begin with the following personal and professional details. They are:
· Dissertation/thesis title
· Name of the candidate
· Institutional affiliation
· Name of supervisor
· Expected date of submission
These details must be furnished to the graduate committee before the start of the actual proposal.
An introduction proposes the subject or the topic of dissertation. The introduction must carry only the most essential information required and no extra words should be included. Further students are advised not to write anything that will not be taken up later in the dissertation chapters. In short, a dissertation introduction needs to be succinct and short.
3. Research Question:
A research question is the central question that summarizes the thesis or a dissertation. It has to be included in the proposal itself in order to let the supervisors and the examiners know of your research intentions. Remember to keep your question clear and free from ambiguity.
4. Research Methodology:
Research methodology refers to the method that is proposed to be utilized by the research during the course of his or her research. Methodology can be of various types:
· Interviews which throw light on what the interviewees are thinking
· Surveys or question and answer sessions of a number of people and then finding out the pattern that governs the responses
· Historical document analysis or analysis of old historical documents for information
· Theoretical analysis or application of relevant theories to practical situations
The actual soul of the proposal consists of the research chapters. They spell out the findings of the research in a systematic manner. There is no limit to how much you can write. But chapters should at least be five or above in number. Each chapter should consist of a particular theme.
The conclusion proposes the main arguments of the thesis in a cogent fashion in one final section. Like the introduction, a conclusion should not be long. It is desirable to stick to the main argument of the research. Findings should be self explanatory and should come within the chapters themselves.
7. Citations and References:
No dissertation proposal is complete without references. Each university prefers a particular style of referencing. The major styles are:
· Harvard style in which in-text citations are followed
· Chicago style in which references are separately provided as endnotes and footnotes
· APA style in which name of author is provided along with date of publication within the text itself
· MLA style in which the name of the author is provided along with page number within the text
8. Proposed Bibliography:
A bibliography is a list of books which is presented in a tabular form at the end of the proposal. It denotes the list of books that you are going to consult while conducting the research. Remember to cite only those books which you have actually read. This is because you will be asked questions on the basis of the list of books provided. So there is really no point in false bragging.
Dissertation proposal sample: management
Now that we have looked at the various parts of a dissertation, we might just as well look at how a sample dissertation proposal looks. For the sake of simplicity, we have chosen a proposal from one specific subject area i.e. management.
“Market Power and Regulations of Multinational Banking Corporations in a Post-Globalized World”
Name of Candidate
Name of Supervisor
Harvard Business School
Date of submission
The 2008 banking crisis in the US exposed the loopholes in the existing banking laws and the horrors of unbridled market freedom given by governments to financial corporations. This dissertations takes up the theme of various banking malpractices followed by international banking corporations and how international trade rules and conventions help them.
How do banking corporations use the legal loop holes in the global banking laws in order to make profits?
· Interviews with CEOS of different banks
· Internet resources
· Financial information of banks
· Accounting information of banks
The dissertation contains 5 chapters:
In Chapter 1, the dissertation looks at various banking laws and international conventions on financial services across major economies of the world.
In Chapter 2, the dissertation proposes to look at the loopholes within such laws.
In Chapter 3, the dissertation looks at how these loopholes are used by companies to make undeserving profits. It takes into account the case studies of several major banking corporations including ICBC, HSBC, BNP Paribas, JP Morgan and Deutsche Bank.
Chapter 4 looks at how these laws benefit first world companies and put Third World companies at a disadvantage.
Chapter 5 looks at what can be done to bring these companies under better market regulations.
The dissertation argues that an immediate cap on international banking corporations, by governments and trans-national agencies are required in order to curtail their malpractices.
How MyAssignmenthelp.com can help students in writing dissertation proposals?
Log on to MyAssignmenthelp.com in order to get help on dissertation writing or dissertation editing services. Just type in the dissertation topic. Our dissertation writing experts will get in touch with you with a quote which has to be paid before we can work on your dissertation. Our writers will then work on the dissertation topic and come up with the required dissertation writing help.
We provide a variety of dissertation writing and dissertation editing services. You can get your dissertation proposal sample or the entire dissertation project itself. Once done you will get your dissertation or dissertation proposal sample in your inbox. Our special qualities are manifold. They include 100 percent plagiarism-free dissertations, Turnitin report, editing and proofreading, timely delivery and affordable prices. Do remember us next time you need dissertation help